Header Ads

16 year old boy charged for jumping over state house wall to ask President Kenyatta for school fees.







A 16 year old boy was charged with terror attempt after he jumped the statehouse perimeter wall. The teen pleaded guilty to the charges and he said all he wanted was help from the president. 

“Yes I jumped into State House because I knew I will find the President there. I wanted him to help me with money to record my songs so that I can be able to raise my fees and go back to school. I just wanted to ask for his help, I still do,” he said.

Mr Maina had been presented before Resident Magistrate Edda Agade on Monday, alongside two other men arrested on the same day with him by the Anti -Terror Police Unit (ATPU), on suspicion that they were all members of the terror group Al Shabaab.
According to the charges the boy had on June 19 been found entering into a protected zone in Nairobi’s Kilimani area without permission in contravention with Sections 3 and 9 of the Protected Areas Act. But the Prosecution told court on Tuesday that interrogations had revealed that the suspect has no terror related links. Magistrate Agade had directed a day earlier that he be detained alongside the other two suspects for eight days to allow ATPU to complete investigations.
However, the prosecution explained why the boy had been taken back to the regular police.
The case will be mentioned next Wednesday, July 1.

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.